Sunday, March 25, 2012

Basic Connection

Ok. Basically I do not know how to access any database files from the SQL Server. Can someone help me please. How do I access the files from another computer.Hi,
did u give the login permissions to ur other computer?wat i mean is on the sql server-->Security-->Logins(right click)New Logins n then just write the login name of ur other computer and give urself rights to access all the files in the sql server....is it of some help?
Regards.|||Well right now I am at work, but I will try that when I get home. But basically, I do not even know how to upload files to my SQL Server. Your help is greatly appreciated.|||Hi,
you can easily upload files using the import/export wizard in sql server...and it can be done either on the system database i.e. usually master database or you can create a new database by right click on the system database-->new database and lets say we name it as Nov and in this database or any other u do right click in the options there is one option TASKS>import files or export files...somethin like that...n then an import export wizard will come and then just follow the steps n check if you want to upload from a file or from oracle database or anywhere...you can easily upload stuff...
i hope its helpful...since i m also new to sql server..i just started it some months back...
Regards.|||No. Stop it. You've been a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment