Sunday, March 25, 2012

Basic DB Design question

I have decided to build a Football Pool app as a way of teaching myself
asp.net with non code-generating tools. I am stuck on some basic DB
design though and would appreciate some feedback.
Right now I have pages that let me input some of the initial data like
Users, Teams and Game Schedules. I need to be able to record whether a
user has paid their weekly entrance fee but I don't know which table to
store this info even what datatype would be the best solution.
Here is the table design I have so far
http://www.insecurepc.com/FootballPoolDBDesign.jpg Before you ask, the
users tables would be the asp.net 2.0 membership ones which are too
many to list...
Thoughts please. TIAWell, seems like you could do it several differant ways. One would be to
have a user table with an extra field, "Paid". Then when on Monday night
around 1 am schedule a job to clear "Paid" field in the user table. Or if
you want to keep track of each week and partiapation, and add a field for
each week. But then again, you can have a Paid table with user name and
week(as the key). You see that is the Great thing about about relational
database's, you can be as creative as you want. Just make sure you have key
s
and relations.
"fwells11@.hotmail.com" wrote:

> I have decided to build a Football Pool app as a way of teaching myself
> asp.net with non code-generating tools. I am stuck on some basic DB
> design though and would appreciate some feedback.
> Right now I have pages that let me input some of the initial data like
> Users, Teams and Game Schedules. I need to be able to record whether a
> user has paid their weekly entrance fee but I don't know which table to
> store this info even what datatype would be the best solution.
> Here is the table design I have so far
> http://www.insecurepc.com/FootballPoolDBDesign.jpg Before you ask, the
> users tables would be the asp.net 2.0 membership ones which are too
> many to list...
> Thoughts please. TIA
>

No comments:

Post a Comment