Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Basic question about replication

Hi,
I am a newbie to replication. I recently joined a company where I have a SQL
Server running 2000 SP3 and I see a distribution database and Replication
Monitor in the Enterprise Manager.
On going to Tools->Replication ->Configure Publishing, Subscribers and
Distribution a pop-up window comes up. In this window under the Publishers
tab, the name of the Server comes up as selected. In the subscribers tab an
ODBC data source is selected. However, in the Publications database tab, NO
database name is checked.
I want to delete the distribution database. Can I safely assume that no
replication is taking place, since no database has been selected for
replication? Or is there a way to find out if any replication is taking
place? Thanks in advance.Hi,
I am not sure but you can check this by executing
sp_helpreplicationoption
Shows the types of replication options enabled for a server. This stored
procedure is executed at the Publisher on the publication database. Take help
of books onile also.
Manu
"sharman" wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a newbie to replication. I recently joined a company where I have a SQL
> Server running 2000 SP3 and I see a distribution database and Replication
> Monitor in the Enterprise Manager.
> On going to Tools->Replication ->Configure Publishing, Subscribers and
> Distribution a pop-up window comes up. In this window under the Publishers
> tab, the name of the Server comes up as selected. In the subscribers tab an
> ODBC data source is selected. However, in the Publications database tab, NO
> database name is checked.
> I want to delete the distribution database. Can I safely assume that no
> replication is taking place, since no database has been selected for
> replication? Or is there a way to find out if any replication is taking
> place? Thanks in advance.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment