Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Basic Question about password and logon command

I have running SQL queries all day and have been getting tired of selecting the DATA SOURCE NAME and then having to type in the appropriate password. What can I add to my SQL command to do this for me?
Thanks for the help!
NormDo you mean like a connect line in your script?|||Originally posted by exdter
Do you mean like a connect line in your script?

Yes, exactly|||Is this what you mean?
The first line of your script should be
conn[ect] user/password/database
The problem with this is that your password won't be encrypted, so someone can see it.
I hope this helps.|||Originally posted by exdter
Is this what you mean?
The first line of your script should be
conn[ect] user/password/database
The problem with this is that your password won't be encrypted, so someone can see it.
I hope this helps.

Forgive my ignorance but I don't think I asked for the right thing.

Here's what I'm looking at....

I'm in Access and I run an SQL query such as:

select COUNT(*) from employee_data where title = 'Programmer'

and the next thing you know is a window pops up where I need to click on the "Machine Data Source" tab and then the appropriate "Data Source Name" which then has me type in my password.

Thanks for the help.

Norm|||Oh, sorry. I can't help with that one.
I don't know Access.

No comments:

Post a Comment