Sunday, March 25, 2012

Basic DTS service problems, i guess...

I try to access a remote SP.
Server1 has a working DTS-service running
Server2 cannot start the DTS due to the following error:
"An error 1060 - (the specified service does not exist as an installes service) occured while performing this service operation on the MSDTC service".

Ok, I got it, the service isn't running (since I get this mess. when I'm tryin to start the service).
Can't find any service in the opsys services. Tried to reinstall the MSSQL but the MSDTC was/is allready installed.

Please help!
By the way, I'm running MSSQL 2000.

thanksIs the dtc service started ?|||Originally posted by rnealejr
Is the dtc service started ?

Nope, and that's the problem. I get the errormessage when I try to start the service in enterprise manager.
I can't find any corresponding service in the opsys services. It seems like the service isn't installed...but it is??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment