Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Basic question

hello,
I am not an administrator, please if I want to know the name of my sql
server, how can i find it?
I have sql server 2000 which I installed long time ago, I forgot what I
named it during the installation, i think it is the default name.
Is it local or (local) or something else?
Thank you.
Hi,
Login to Query analyzer and execute the below command
select @.@.SERVERNAME
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"Philip Germanos" <PhilipGermanos@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D659E5D9-F809-4C0E-8DE4-F6DCD98BFC66@.microsoft.com...
> hello,
> I am not an administrator, please if I want to know the name of my sql
> server, how can i find it?
> I have sql server 2000 which I installed long time ago, I forgot what I
> named it during the installation, i think it is the default name.
> Is it local or (local) or something else?
> Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment